Feasting With FARE: Red Velvet Cake Truffles
Our favorite sister baking team is back with a festive, delicious, and safe way to celebrate Valentine's Day! These 'Red Velvet Cake Truffles', complete with Hungry Harry's allergen-friendly cake mix, are perfect for that special someone!
- 1/2 cup butter*
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk*
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- cake (we used Hungry Harry's Cake Mix)
*Click here for substitution options
- Cream room temperature butter in a large bowl. Once that is complete, add in 3 cups of powdered sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla, and 1/4 cup milk. This should be the consistency of icing. If it is too thick, add milk 1 tsp. at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Crumble prepared cake (store-bought or homemade) into the icing mixture. Mix the cake into the icing.
- Using a small scoop or two tablespoons, spoon out the mixture into small balls on a cookie sheet. Place the cookie sheet into the refrigerator for about one hour.
- In a separate bowl, melt chocolate in microwave in 30 second increments until fully melted. Once the chocolate is prepared, remove the cake balls from the refrigerator and cover them in chocolate. Put back into the refrigerator until serving. Enjoy!