Feasting with FARE: Funfetti Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
Hope you are already thinking about dessert because Sarah and Brooke Ackerman are here to teach you how to make allergy friendly funfetti cake!
- 2 cups flour (gluten free with xanthan gum or regular)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup mashed banana or applesauce
- 1 cup water
- 10 cake style ice cream cones
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients together first, then add wet ingredients.
- Stir desired amount of sprinkles into batter.
- Fill cake cones with batter just below the top of the cone.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out dry.
- Let cool.
- If you want the chocolate and vanilla swirl effect, place chocolate and vanilla icing into two separate frosting (or sandwich sized plastic) bags.
- Cut the corners of the first two bags and place both into third cut bag. Make sure corners are aligned so icing can squeeze out equally from chocolate and vanilla bags.
- Squeeze icing and swirl on top of cupcake until desired effect is reached.