Feasting With FARE: No-Bake Granola Bars & Bites
Allergy-friendly granola bars? Sign us up! Check out the newest episode of ‘Piece of Cake with Sarah and Brooke’ to learn all about these tasty treats!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 ½ cups rice krispies
- ½ cup seed or nut butter (we use Sunbutter)
- ½ cup honey
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp. Chia seeds
- ¾ cup dried fruit (you can also use raising, mini chocolate chips, etc.)
- Line a 9x13 square Pyrex pan with wax or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the oats, rice krispies, salt and any dry add-ins. Mix together.
- In a small microwave safe bowl combine the nut/seed butter and honey. Microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until the mixture is hot and combined. Add the vanilla and mix again.
- Add the honey mixture to the dry oat mixture and mix until everything is combined.
- Gently stir in the chocolate chips.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan or tightly form into bite size balls. Cover and place in the freezer for 1 hour. If making bars, cut them with a sharp knife and return to the freezer or store in the refrigerator.