Education Programs & Training
FARE's comprehensive program created to improve the safety and quality of life for college students with food allergies.
FARE launched the College Food Allergy Program in January 2014 with the goal of developing a comprehensive program to improve the safety and quality of life for college students with food allergies.
The program offers resources for students and parents, as well as colleges and universities.
Since the launch of its college program, FARE has made an impact on hundreds of colleges and universities around the country.
- Annually staff at more than 375 colleges receive FARECheck approved training through FARE’s partnership with Compass Group. This has resulted in over 6,300 college dining staff going through food allergy training.
- The Association on Higher Education and Disability (AHEAD), which boasts a membership of 3,000 college and university disability service professionals, partners with FARE to distribute resources and education to its members.
- FARE has provided training to dining staff at over 350 colleges and universities.
- The FARECheck Food Allergy Training for food service staff is now accredited by ANSI National Accreditation Board (ANAB).
- FARECheck: College is available on-demand or instructor-led
- FARE has approved 19 instructors from colleges and universities across the country.
- FARE offers a free training for Resident Advisors (RAs) at the Food Allergy Academy
- Hundreds of campuses use free FARE resources for their dining halls.
- FARE launched the College Search Tool with over 1200 colleges and universities!
FARE Food Allergy College Search
Finding the right college can be a challenge, especially for people managing food allergies. In addition to finding the perfect academic program and the right campus fit, they need to find a school they can safely navigate. That's where FARE Food Allergy College Search comes in.
This free tool helps connect teens and their families with information directly from colleges and universities.Learn More
Partner College Dining Survey
Are you a college student hoping to share your experience on campus? Or maybe you’re a prospective student looking for honest feedback from students at a school you’re interested in? Check out the GFF College Dining Survey*! It has been expanded by Gluten Free Friends (GFF) to include information from students with a variety of dietary restrictions, including food allergies. Every new survey received increases the impact of this resource, so college students, please add your voice!
*The information provided is from current and former students and does not reflect the viewpoints or opinions of FARE or Gluten Free Friends.
This free tool helps connect teens and their families with information directly from students at colleges and universities.