Feasting with FARE: Lollipop Cookies
Piece of Cake hosts Sarah and Brooke have a sweet colorful treat that is sure to be a hit with family and friends!
- 2 eggs or egg substitute
- ½ cup canola or vegetable oil
- ½ cup + 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- About 2 ¾ cup flour (add more as needed)
- Six colors of food coloring
- Lollipop sticks
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a cookie sheet for baking.
- In a bowl mix together all the ingredients.
- Add additional flour as needed until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Separate dough into six even sections (or less depending on the number of food colors you will be using) and dye each piece.
- Roll out a teaspoon of each color dough into a thin rope and stack them on top of one another.
- Use one end of the rope as the center of the lollipop and twist the rope around the center into a circle.
- Insert a lollipop stick into the dough, as you would a lollipop.
- Bake for 12 - 18 minutes and enjoy!