Feasting With FARE: Gazpacho
We're off to Spain as Chef Leslie Durso brings to life a favorite childhood recipe. Follow along for how to make this cold, delicious, and allergen-friendly soup!
- 3 pounds roma tomatoes, halved
- ½ large purple onion, quartered
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup fresh basil
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. sherry vinegar
- ½ tsp. cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Blend the tomatoes, onion, garlic, cucumber, and bell pepper in a blender.
- When smooth, add in the basil, olive oil, sherry vinegar, cumin, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Puree again until smooth.
- Place in an airtight container and refrigerate 2 hours to overnight.
- Serve chilled with a drizzle of olive oil and basil.