Feasting With FARE: German Schnitzel
Our award-winning top-9 free culinary showcase Around the World in 80 Plates with Leslie Durso is back for another delicious spin around the globe! First stop, GERMANY!
- 6 large king oyster mushrooms
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour
- 2 tbsp. cornmeal
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2-1 cup beer (or club soda or sparkling water)
- 2-3 cups cooking oil (avocado or sunflower)
- sea salt
- Bring a medium pot to boil, drop in the whole mushrooms and boil for 7 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- Using a sharp knife, fillet that mushroom into a flat piece. Score.
- In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients for the batter and whisk.
- Slowly add the beer and whisk.
- Heat oil in a pan or cast iron skillet.
- Coat the mushroom fillets in the beer batter and drop into the hot oil.
- Cook until golden on both sides.
- Remove and place on a paper towel lined dish and sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Serve immediately.
Around the World in 80 Plates with Leslie Durso
In Around the World in 80 Plates, host Leslie Durso recreates top-9 free dishes she puts on menus in resorts in the world’s hottest destinations!