Feasting With FARE: Taquitos
On this episode of Kid Cuisine Remix we have an extra special recipe that is kid-friendly, Top-9 food allergen free, vegan, AND free from beans, avoiding one of Zacky's allergens!
- 1 lb. red potatoes
- 1-2 Tbsp. vegan butter
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ cup corn kernels
- ¼ cup shredded non-dairy cheese
- 8 small corn tortillas
- Spray olive or avocado oil
- Your favorite salsa for dipping
- Halve and boil the potatoes until fork tender, leaving the skins on or removing them (whatever you like)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F
- When tender, drain and transfer to a bowl. Add in the butter, onion powder, and salt. Smash until smooth or leave some chunks in (I like a few chunks). Fold in the corn and non-dairy cheese.
- Prep your tortillas by steaming them in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Place a spoonful of filling in a line down the middle, roll into a taquito and place seam side down on a greased cookie sheet. Repeat for the rest of the tortillas.
- Spray the tops with oil and bake in the oven for 3-5 minutes until golden. Flip and cook another 3-5 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite salsa.