Feasting With FARE: Salmon Taco Recipe
A delicious and customizable taco recipe brought to you by Zacky’s Kitchen: Our Family Recipe
- 2 lbs of salmon
- Olive oil
- Garlic salt
- A cube of butter
- Lemon slices
*(Good substitute for Salmon is black beans)
- Cabbage or broccoli/carrot mix premade package
- 1/4 cup of white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
Pico de Gallo
- 1/2 cup of English cucumber, cut into tiny cubes for the extra crunch and freshness
- ¼ cup diced onions
- ½ cup of diced Roma Tomatoes
- ½ bunch of chopped cilantro (optional)
- Season with salt and pepper to liking
- Optional- often made from dairy. Please read labels. Alternatives are available, great one Avocado.
- 2 cups of Maseca
- 1.5 teaspoon of salt
- Drizzle olive to grease pan
- Season it with garlic salt, butter, and a few lemon slices on top
- Bake salmon for 10minutes at 400 degrees in a conventional oven
- Broil for an additional 2 minutes to get crispy golden edges
- Toss ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper to liking.
Pico De Galla
- Mix ingredients together. Season with salt and pepper to liking.
- Starting off with 1.5 cups of water, mix ingredients thoroughly
- Add water by the teaspoon only (as needed). Consistency should feel softer than play-doh but not runny.
- Knead thoroughly, put all of the dough in a big ball and let sit with a moist towel for 15 minutes.
- Divide dough in ping pong sized balls equal in size
- Line the tortilla press with a plastic sheet (I use a regular zip lock bag cut all four side). If you don’t have a press, use a two flat surfaces with plastic lining
- Heat skillet on medium heat
- After pressed, carefully remove tortilla from plastic
- Cook on skillet for 30 sec on each side- Turn 3 times
- When you see the tortilla expand from heat, you know it is done
- Cover in a cloth napkin to keep war and repeat process
Place 3-4 spoons full of salmon on fresh tortilla, lay slaw, first, then place Pico de Gallo and top with sour cream and/or avocado or any substitute that is right for your household. Serve with rice and/or beans. Enjoy!
To learn more about Zacky and Family and their latest recipe or adventure, log onto www.zackysuniverse.com.