Feasting With FARE: Albondigas
Meet the amazing Priscilla Hernandez and her family. Her son, Zacky, has food allergies and is allergic to nuts, shellfish, beans, peas, avocados, and sesame, and he wants to share their family recipes with everyone so they can enjoy them too!
- 2 lbs of ground beef or turkey (Beef- 85/15 or 93/7)
- 1/2 cup of white Rice
- 2 eggs or 3 tablespoons of apple sauce substitute*
- ¼ finely diced white onion (optional)
- 1 clove of diced garlic
- 1 bunch of chopped cilantro or mint
- 2 teaspoons of garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper (to taste)
- 3 pinches Oregano
*Click here for substitution options
- 6 chopped roma tomatoes
- ¼ white onion (sweet)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoon of bouillon
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 7 cups of water
- 3 potatoes cut in ¼
- 3 whole carrots cut 1/4
- 3 celery sticks chopped
- 3 whole cut corns cut in 1/2
- ½ bunch cilantro
- In a large bowl mix beef, rice, egg (or substitute) ,garlic, cilantro, salt, pepper and oregano. Mix well and shape into golf sized meatballs. Set aside and cover.
- In a pot, warm and line the bottom with 3 tablespoons of oil. Add chopped tomatoes, onions and garlic until soften and lightly brow Then add water and bouillon. Boil.
- Slowly add prepared meatballs, cook for 30 minutes. Next add additional vegetables, starting with most dense to lightest.
- Total cook time 1.2 hours.
To learn more about Zacky and Family and their latest recipe or adventure, log onto to www.zackysway.com