Feasting With FARE: Salsa Verde
This delicious salsa recipe is top-9 free and will quickly become a family favorite.
- 9-12 tomatillos (1.5 pounds)
- ½ medium white onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ cup of cilantro
- 1-2 green jalapenos or serrano chile (more seeds left in= muy caliente)
- 1 medium squeezed lime
- 1 pinch of oregano
- Blend all contents to a smooth consistency.
- Transfer the Salsa Verde into a pot and simmer for about 8-10 minutes on low until it turns a rich deep green, a darker version signals it is ready.
- Add 1 teaspoon of bouillon and stir (bouillon is our secret ingredient-shhh don’t tell anyone) or 1-2 teaspoons of garlic salt (to taste)
- Pour into a glass bowl, serve warm or put in fridge to chill and enjoy later.
- Eat with chips of your choice. Read your labels to ensure the chips are right for your household and food allergy needs.
To learn more about Zacky and Family and their latest recipe or adventure, log onto to www.zackysuniverse.com