Feasting With FARE: Cuban Jackfruit Ropa Vieja
Take a Trip to Cuba with Leslie and Rashad!
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- 1-2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 -20 ounce cans of green jackfruit, rinsed really well, and shredded
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 dry white wine
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1 TBSP tomato paste
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro to garnish
- In a large frying pan, sauté the onion, peppers, garlic, and chili flakes in olive oil over medium heat.
- After a few minutes and onions and peppers are starting to get soft, add the jackfruit and the spices and stir.
- Pour in the white wine and vegetable broth and let reduce for 5 minutes.
- Add in the tomatoes, paste, and olives, stir well.
- Let come together and reduce for another 5-10 minutes.
- Serve topped with fresh cilantro, Cuban bean and rice.