Feasting With FARE: Pumpkin Spice Cookie Dough Bites
By Heather Gass
Makes: about 30 bites
- 3/4 cup oat flour or almond flour
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder (use whatever is safe for your allergies!)
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 4 tbsp sunflower butter
- 4 tbsp pumpkin
- 3 tbsp maple syrup or agave syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Red, yellow, green food coloring (optional)
- Whisk dry ingredients together (flour, protein powder, pumpkin pie spice) in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients together (wet ingredients). Warm the sunflower butter in the microwave at 10 second intervals to soften if needed.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and incorporate until a dough forms. Add more pumpkin puree or a little water if necessary to make the consistency of a cookie dough.
- Use a small cookie scoop or form half inch size balls with your hands.
- To make pumpkins, separate a golf-ball sized piece of dough and color with green food color. Color the remainder of the dough with yellow and a smidge of red food coloring to make orange. The colors will be muted because of the light brown color of the dough.
- To make the pumpkin shape, press the side of a toothpick into the balls to make the grooves. Roll a small amount of the green dough into a stem shape and place on top of the pumpkin.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Tip: make your own oat flour by placing old fashioned oats in the food processor and pulsing until a flour consistency is reached.