Feasting With FARE: Pumpkin Pancakes
On this episode of Kid Cuisine Remix, Chef Leslie and Zacky are starting your day off sweet with delicious allergy-friendly pumpkin pancakes.
Makes: 8 pancakes
- 1 cup unsweetened oat milk
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 Tbsp. vegan butter
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- dash of ground ginger
- dash of nutmeg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Combine milk and vinegar in a large bowl and let rest for 5 minutes to curdle.
- Then add melted vegan butter, maple syrup, pumpkin, maple syrup, brown sugar, vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices to a sifter and sift over the wet ingredients. Let the batter rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Spray your griddle with cooking spray and pour 1/4 cup measurements of the batter onto the griddle. There should be enough for 8 pancakes.
- Flip when bubbles appear in the middle and the edges turn slightly dry.
- Cook for 1-3 minutes more on the other side, then plate.