Feasting With FARE: Wild Blueberry Scones With Fresh Lemon Curd
Join Chef Leslie Durso on her adventure Around the World in 80 Plates as she makes her next stop in England!
- 2 cups Gluten-Free flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp frozen vegan butter
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk or oat milk coffee creamer
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 TBSP cornstarch
- ½ cup oat milk
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp. Lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Using a box grater, grate the frozen butter into the flour bowl and mix until it’s a course mealy texture.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut milk and vanilla. Pour over the flour mixture and stir just until dough begins to form. Don’t over mix! Fold in blueberries.
- Place dough on a floured countertop and gently push together with your hands. Form into a 1 inch tall round. Use a knife to cut 8 triangles.
- Place the scones on the cookie sheet and brush the tops with coconut milk.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the scones are golden. Let cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
- For the lemon curd: In a small pot, whisk together the sugar and cornstarch. Mix in the rest of the ingredients and turn the heat to medium. Whisking frequently until it thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat till it cools. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week
Around the World in 80 Plates with Leslie Durso
In Around the World in 80 Plates, host Leslie Durso recreates top-9 free dishes she puts on menus in resorts in the world’s hottest destinations!