Feasting With FARE: Pumpkin Cupcakes
by Ingrid Panameno
- 1 cup of brown rice flour
- 1 cup of oat milk (or preferred plant based milk)
- 1/2 cup of oat flour
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup of applesauce
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil (or preferred oil)
- 3/4 tsp of xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 80 g of vegan cream cheese
- 3 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1 can of solid coconut cream
- Optional: cinnamon powder
- In a bowl, mix flours, 1/4 cup of brown sugar, pumpkin purée, apple sauce, oat milk, baking powder, oil, xanthan gum, and vanilla.
- To the muffin pan, add six cupcake liners.
- Add 2.5 tbsp of cupcake dough inside each liner.
- Bake cupcakes for 20 min at 350°F.
- To make vegan cream cheese frosting whisk vegan cream cheese, 3 tbsp of sugar, and solid coconut cream.
- Add frosting to the pastry bag.
- Decorate cupcakes with frosting and sprinkle cinnamon powder on top.
- Tip: If you prefer to make your own pumpkin purée, you will need 1/2 cup of pumpkin. Clean flesh and steam for 10 min, then blend in the food processor for 4 min.
Recipe by Ingrid Panameno.