Feasting With FARE: Pizza
When thinking of pizza it is hard not to think of at least a few of the Top-9 allergens, but on this episode of Kid Cuisine Remix, Chef Leslie shows Zacky her favorite way to make pizza food allergy-friendly, Top-9 free, and tasty!
- Premade pizza dough
- 2 lbs. Roma tomatoes
- 1 tsp. garlic granules
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. dry oregano
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves
- Place all the ingredients, except for the basil, in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a medium pot. Bring to a simmer and continue to simmer uncovered for about 20 minutes. It will turn bright red and become thicker.
- Tear in the fresh basil leaves right before you are ready to use.
- In a small sauce pot, melt the butter.
- Stir in the flour and cook, stirring constantly, until the paste cooks and bubbles a bit, but don't let it brown — about 2 minutes.
- Add the hot milk, continuing to stir as the sauce thickens.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Add salt, lower the heat, and cook, stirring for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Remove from the heat.
- Roll the pizza dough out on a floured surface and transfer to a greased cookie sheet.
- Ladle on your tomato sauce.
- Place your toppings and spoon on some of your cheese sauce.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the crust turns golden.