Feasting With FARE: Honey Mustard Fall Veggies
By Tiffany Leon
- Beets, chopped
- Carrots, chopped
- Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- Apple cider vinegar
- Honey (or your favorite vegan sweetener – agave, maple syrup)
- Dijon mustard (check for hidden allergens)
- Spinach (or your favorite dark leafy greens)
- Roast fall vegetables at 425 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Cooking times may vary, so keep an eye on them!
- While the veggies are in the oven, mix equal parts vinegar, honey, oil and Dijon mustard as dressing. Set aside.
- Once the veggies are fork tender, remove from oven. These can be served hot (or chilled, if made ahead) on a bed of spinach. Toss with dressing. Be careful to pour slowly to avoid drowning the crisp veggies. Serve immediately!
- Short on time? Roast the veggies ahead of time and serve this salad cold.
- Add other fall veggies to this mix – turnips, parsnips, sweet potatoes, etc.
- Make a complete meal by adding your favorite protein – roasted chicken or turkey, grilled steak, chicken or vegan sausage, lentils or garbanzo beans.
- If you have extra dressing, store in the fridge for later in the week. Ingredients may separate in the fridge, so shake/whisk well before using.
Recipe by Tiffany Leon, Registered Dietitian and FARE's Senior Manager of Training and Professional Programs.