Feasting With FARE: Top 9 Free Perfect Pumpkin Soup
Nothing better than filling your house with fall scents while simultaneously creating a wonderfully warm dish, guaranteed to fill your tummy with all of the fall favorites.
- 2 pound sugar pumpkin or a 28 oz can of pumpkin puree
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 bay leaf
- 1.5 teaspoon curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sliced ginger and fresh sage for garnish
- Cut pumpkin in half. Remove seeds and roast in a 400 ° F oven for 45 minutes or until you can easily scoop out the soft flesh. (You can use a 28 oz can of pumpkin puree instead.)
- In a large sauce pan, heat ¼ cup of the broth over medium, add chopped onion, apple, garlic, and herbs and spices.
- Cook until onions and apples are soft and then add the remainder of the broth.
- Add pumpkin to the sauce pan.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Working in batches, purée the soup in a blender or food processor.
- Return puree to sauce pan, taste and adjust seasoning according to personal preferences.
- Serve and top with fresh sage leaves or thin ginger slices.