Feasting With FARE: Chickpea Burgers
Enjoy these mouthwatering Chickpea Burgers from your favorite mother-daughter duo on Fridge to Table With the Packers.
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 small carrots
- 1 small onion
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- ½ cup oat flour (you can use regular or gluten-free flour)
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Drain the chickpeas in a strainer.
- While chickpeas are draining, dice the onion, carrot and celery.
- Saute the onion, carrot and celery in some olive oil until they are soft (but not mushy) and the onion is translucent and golden. Let cool for a few minutes.
- Transfer the vegetables to a food processor. Add the flour, spices, chickpeas and flour.
- Pulse until the mixture comes together and is able to hold a shape. (Don’t over pulse it, otherwise, it will be more like Hummus)!
- Form patties and get ready for frying. You can either make 12 small/medium-sized or 4-6 large patties.
- Grease the of pan with 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil. Place patties into a hot pan and cook on each side until golden (this will not take long).
- Transfer to a baking rack.
- Serve with buns or pita!