Feasting With FARE: Chocolate Chip Protein Pancakes
The Packers are back with a brand new recipe for allergy-friendly protein pancakes! Check it out and see how you can adapt this breakfast classic to fit all of your food allergy needs and preferences.
- 1 1/3 cup of Gluten Free Oat Flour (120 grams)
- ¼ vanilla protein powder (we used OWYN)
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 TBSP Golden Ground Flaxseed
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 ¼ cup of milk of your choice (we used So Delicious Coconut)
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBSP pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. maple extract
- 2-3 TBSP mini chocolate chips
- Pour the apple cider vinegar into the milk and whisk until frothy. Set aside.
- Combine all the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Add the vanilla and maple extracts and maple syrup to the milk mixture and whisk until combined.
- Add all the wet ingredients to the dry and mix. A few lumps are okay.
- If batter is too thick, add a little milk to thin it out/more flour if mixture is too thin.
- Using a griddle, add 1 TBSP of oil or butter and wipe the oil with a paper towel. You don’t want a lot of oil, just enough to make it easy to flip the pancakes.
- We used approximately 2 TBSP of batter per pancake (this will yield approximately 18-20 small sand dollar size pancakes).
- Make sure you leave enough space between the pancakes on the griddle to flip them.
- When they are puffy, with dull/dry edges then it is time to flip.
- Stack them on a plate and serve them with syrup, honey, jam, agave-or they are really good plain!
Fridge to Table with the Packers
This mother/daughter duo is here to provide witty banter while cooking up simple recipes that are incredibly tasty, and food allergy-friendly.