FARE is asking you—yes, YOU—to paint your world teal, the color of food allergy awareness. Let's share empathy, education and love as we celebrate our food allergy community!
We’re asking you to participate in #TealTakeover!
To make the world safer for those living with life-threatening food allergies, we need everyone to be aware and to care. It starts with knowing that Teal represents food allergy awareness and action. YOU can help!
- You can make a difference by ensuring that everyone feels the teal!
- Dress in teal all week so friends and neighbors ask, “What’s the deal with all that teal?”
- Another great way to spread the teal is to start a fundraiser! Host a car wash, a local walk, run, bike race, all while spreading awareness and raising money to help support life changing research and education! Be a part of FARE’s Top-9-free recipe challenge and share on TikTok, Instagram and Facebook
- Post local landmarks that are lit in teal for food allergy awareness.
However, you choose to reveal your teal, make sure to use the hashtag #TealTakeover so we know you’re out there supporting the food allergy community!
Here are some ways you can help support the cause!
- Download and print our Food Allergy Awareness week posters and display them across your school and all over your neighborhood.
- Share photos of you and your family dressed to the 9s in teal using #TealTakeover.
- Host a Top-9-free bake sale, car wash, or walk.
- Post photos to social media of your favorite allergy-friendly dishes.
- Bake some Teal Cupcakes or Teal Pancakes.
- Get a local business to donate a day’s or week’s profits from a specific item to FARE!
- Wear a badge that says “Ask me about my food allergy!” to start a transformative conversation.
- Share your food allergy story in a video and tag @foodallergy so we can reshare it.
- Become a FARE Advocate to make sure your voice is heard!