Back to School
FARE offers a variety of helpful resources and materials to help you or your child have a safer experience at school. The resources on this page are many of our most requested materials for heading back to school. You’ll find links to free downloads, posters, guidelines, webinars, tips and more!
Tips for the School Year:
- Work with your doctor: Refill prescriptions and have your physician fill out FARE’s Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Emergency Care Plan.
- Review relevant laws and guidelines: Having a basic understanding of the laws that protect children with food allergies can be very helpful in negotiating a plan for your child.
- Develop a written plan. Make an appointment with your child’s teachers, principals, instructors, and school nurses to discuss accommodations needed for your child’s safety and inclusion, and to review your child’s emergency care plan.
- Prepare your child: Work with your child so that he or she understands where to go with questions or if help is needed.
10 Essential Resources to Prepare for Back to School:
- Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Emergency Care Plan
- What Every Parent Must Know About Managing Food Allergies at School
- Keeping Children with Food Allergies Safe at School
- CDC Recommended Practices
- How a Child Might Describe a Reaction
- Letter from FARE to School Leaders
- Section 504 & Written Plans
- Protecting Students with Disability (OCR FAQ’s)
- FARE’s Back to School Headquarters
- What PTO’s and PTA’s Need to Know
Resources like those found on this page are provided thanks to generous contributions of donors like you. Please consider making a donation online today.
For additional resources for parents, teachers, administrators and school nurses, visit FARE's Back to School Headquarters.
Special thanks to Enjoy Life Foods, Skeeter Nut Free™, and Vermont Nut Free Chocolates for supporting our Back to School Safely campaign.