Feasting With FARE: Sunflower Seed Cranberry Cookies
A sweet and savory cookie made by Askim Bilgen, FARE’s Food Allergy Summit 2022 Recipe to Riches audience choice award winner.
Prep Time: 80 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Serving Size: 10-12 cookies
- 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseed meal + 2 Tbsp. warm water
- 2 Tbsp. roasted sunflower seed butter, unsalted
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, room temperature
- 70 grams of light brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ½ Tbsp. arrowroot powder
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 110 grams semi-crushed sprouted rolled oats
- ⅓ cup cranberries (or substitute with allergy-free chocolate chips)
- Mix flaxseed and warm water in a small cup and set it aside for ten minutes.
- Mix sunflower seed butter, coconut oil, sugar, and salt in a medium-sized mixing bowl with a hand mixer until well blended (and the sugar dissolves) for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the flaxseed and water mixture to the batter and mix until well blended.
- Add the arrowroot powder and vanilla and mix until well blended.
- Add the semi-crushed sprouted rolled oats and mix until well blended.
- Add the cranberries and mix until well blended.
- Cover the batter with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the batter from the refrigerator. Use a rounded tablespoon to scoop on a lined cookie sheet, 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 12-14 minutes.