Feasting with FARE: Granola
Rachel and Leah are taking you through how to make Granola for this episode of Fridge to Table with the Packers.
- 2 cups Gluten Free Oatmeal (make sure it says Gluten Free)
- ¼ cup coconut oil (you can use a neutral tasting oil if you are allergic to coconut)
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 TBSP unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- 2 TBSP ground golden flaxseed
- ¼-1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup dried cranberries and/or raisins (optional)
- 2-3 TBSP chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine oatmeal, coconut, flaxseed and pumpkin seeds in a large bowl.
- Combine oil, honey and cinnamon in a small saucepan on low heat. Whisk until all ingredients are combined. Do NOT let it come to a boil (You can also microwave).
- Pour over the oatmeal mixture and mix well.
- Spread out in a single layer on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 min. but watch carefully and stir it multiple times so it doesn’t burn.
- Cool completely in pan and transfer to a bowl.
- Add the chocolate, cranberries, raisins or any other dried fruit you like and mix.
Fridge to Table with the Packers
This mother/daughter duo is here to provide witty banter while cooking up simple recipes that are incredibly tasty, and food allergy-friendly.