Leah and Rachel are back with a super easy and refreshing allergen-friendly recipe that is perfect for your next summer cookout or dinner party. You won't want to miss this delicious family favorite!
- 1/3 cup canola (you can use coconut, or any neutral type of oil)
- ½ cup coconut sugar (you can use brown or SUCANAT)
- 1 cup Gluten Free Oat flour (you can use regular flour as well)
- 1 cup Gluten Free Oats (I used whole roll oats-you can also use one-minute oats but it will have a different texture)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- ½ tsp. maple extract
- A little milk of your choice is crust is too dry.
- 2 ½ cups strawberries-hulled and cut into quarters
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 ½ tbsp. starch (we used potato, you can use corn or arrowroot)
- 1-2 TBSP water or juice to dilute the starch
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- Pour the maple syrup, vanilla and the diluted starch over the strawberries and mix them thoroughly until the strawberries are coated.
- Assemble the sugar, oat flour, oats, baking powder together and mix to combine
- Add the oil and vanilla. Using a fork mix the wet and the dry ingredients until they come together in little pea size clumps. If too dry, add a little milk, but not too much. You want it crumbly but able to hold its shape.
- Reserve 1/3 cup of the oat mixture.
- Press oat mixture into an 8x8 baking pan and up the sides.
- Pour the strawberry filling into to the crust and sprinkle the reserve oat mixture over the top.
- Dot with a few chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 40 minutes.
Fridge to Table with the Packers
This mother/daughter duo is here to provide witty banter while cooking up simple recipes that are incredibly tasty, and food allergy-friendly.