Feasting With FARE: Red Thai Curry
We're off to Thailand with this delicious and nutritious top 9 free red curry dish!
- 1 tablespoon Avocado oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 piece of ginger, minced
- 5 Yukon gold potatoes, dice into 1 inch pieces
- 2 carrots, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow pepper, julienned
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- 2 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 3 cups plain unsweetened oat milk
- 2 tablespoon tapioca powder
- 2 tablespoon filtered water
- 1 ½ cups spinach
- ¼ cup Thai basil leaves
- ¼ cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, sliced in wedges
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add oil, onions, ginger, and garlic and sauté 2-3 minutes until onions begin to soften.
- Add the potatoes and 1/4 cup water and place a lid over the skillet. Let the veggies steam for about 5 minutes or until the water has evaporated and the potatoes are just fork-tender.
- Uncover and add in the carrots and bell peppers and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the Thai red curry paste. When it’s thoroughly mixed in, add in the oat milk. Simmer over medium heat or lower to maintain a soft simmer till the veggies are soft, but still have a firmness, about 5 minutes.
- While the curry is simmering. Make a slurry by whisking the tapioca powder and water together. Add it into the curry and stir well. The sauce should start thickening very quickly.
- Remove from the heat and add in the spinach and stir in.
- Serve with brown rice and top with the fresh basil, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime.
Around the World in 80 Plates with Leslie Durso
In Around the World in 80 Plates, host Leslie Durso recreates top-9 free dishes she puts on menus in resorts in the world’s hottest destinations!