Feasting With FARE: Never Nut Bars
A great snack by Shelby Lewis, one of FARE’s Food Allergy Summit 2022 Recipe to Riches finalists.
- 7 1/4oz gluten-free oats
- 16 oz jar sunflower seed spread (one with just seeds and salt)
- 2 2/5oz raw sunflower seeds
- 1 2/5oz raw pumpkin seeds
- 8 2/5oz honey
- 35 grams pea protein Isolate
- 4 grams ground cinnamon
- 9 grams puffed quinoa (if you can find it - crunchy kind)
- 5 grams chia seeds
- Toast oats in pan on medium for 3 minutes
- Mix oats, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds in large bowl
- Add sunflower spread and honey to warm pan and mix until combined
- Add pea protein and cinnamon to pan and mix until combined
- Add chia seeds and puffed quinoa to pan and mix until combined
- Add pan mixture to bowl and mix well until fully combined
- Pour into 9x13in cake pan and use glass cup to roll out until evenly spread and smoothed out. Refrigerate for a couple hours so it hardens before cutting.
- Store in refrigerator to keep firmness but take on the go!