Feasting With FARE: Gluten-Free Birthday Cake
On this episode of 'In the Kitchen with Dr. Reneé and Chef Alycia', you’ll love every layer of this delicious cake...and did we mention that it’s allergy-friendly?!
- 2 2/3 cups of gluten-free all-purpose flour (or regular all-purpose)*
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt or dairy free yogurt
- 1/2 cup olive oil or any allergy-friendly oil you prefer
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 2 large eggs…..allergic to eggs...no problem, you can substitute for 1/2 cup applesauce, flax egg or egg any replacement of your choice!*
- 1 cup oat milk or any allergy friendly milk product you prefer*
*Click here for substitution options
- Mix Flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk to distribute evenly.
- Add yogurt, oil, vanilla, eggs and milk. Mix well.
- If using gluten-free flour let the batter sit for 30 minutes before putting in a cake pan. It will give it time for the flour to absorb the liquid and keep it moist. If using regular flour you don’t need to do this step.
- While the batter is resting preheat the oven to 350 separate into two 8 inch round cake pans. Bake for 30-40 minutes.
About the Series
Dr. Reneé and Chef Alycia are here to show you that food-allergy-friendly foods can and should be as delicious as they are safe to eat!