Feasting With FARE: Creamiest Mashed Potatoes
A top-9 free classic with a secret ingredient to make it even better.
- 2 ½ pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 4 tbsp vegan butter*
- ¼-½ cooking water from the potatoes
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
*Click here for substitution options
- Peel or not the potatoes and cut into large chunks. Place in a large pot and fill with water till the potatoes are just covered. Bring to a boil. Sprinkle in a big pinch of salt. Reduce heat to medium so that the water is a soft boil. Cook until the potatoes are fork tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes, reserving about a cup of cooking liquid.
- In the warm pot, return the potatoes and mash. Fold in the butter and add a pinch of salt and pepper and garlic if you like. When the potatoes are about half mashed, begin to slowly add some cooking liquid until you reach your desired consistency.
- Serve warm topped with chives.
More Side Dishes
This holiday season whip up some of Chef Leslie Durso's recipes for classic and delicious top-9 free side dishes for you and your family to enjoy!Learn More