What Every Parent Must Know About Managing Food Allergies at School
FARE Webinar for Schools: K-12
Gina Clowes, FARE's Director of Education, will share the must-know facts for establishing a safe and inclusive school environment.
- What are "accommodations" and how does a parent know what to ask for?
- What is a Section 504 plan (or other accommodation plan) and does every child at risk for anaphylaxis need one?
- What are the critical components of an accommodation plan?
- Why a Food Allergy Action plan is not enough to ensure inclusion.
- What are the federal laws that protect children with food allergies?
- The CDC's "Recommended Practices" for safety and inclusion.
About the Presenter
Gina Clowes is the National Director of Training and Outreach for FARE, and former Program Director for a cooperative agreement with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). She is the founder of Allergy Moms support community serving thousands of families and professional members worldwide. A well-known speaker and trainer, her advice has appeared in numerous print, radio, and television features including CNN, People magazine and ABC World News. She writes a regular column, The Parenting Coach, for Allergic Living Magazine and is the author of the best-selling children’s book One of the Gang: Nurturing the Souls of Children with Food Allergies.