Feasting With FARE: Cornbread
By Lori Dziuba
Finally, a Top 10 Allergy Free cornbread that tastes great and doesn’t fall apart! This is everything you want in a cornbread. It has a light, fluffy texture, a slightly sweet taste and it holds together while being cut and while being eaten. Makes an excellent snack or a perfect complement to any holiday feast!
- 1 cup cornmeal
- ½ cup gluten free flour mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon guar gum
- 1 cup plain vegan yogurt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup shortening (melted)
- ¼ cup dairy free milk of choice
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Lightly grease an 8x8 baking dish.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix apple cider vinegar and yogurt together, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- Add melted shortening, yogurt and dairy free milk to the dry ingredients.
- Mix together until thoroughly combined.
- Evenly spread cornbread mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Let cool before slicing.