Coconut-Apricot Bliss Bars
Rachel and Lean teach us how to make Coconut-Apricot Bliss Bars on the first episode of Fridge to Table with the Packers.
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (you can use canola as well-just less of a coconut/macaroon vibe)
- 3 TBSP honey
Note-we make a lot of the filling and use it for other things-spread on matza, or in a sauce for chicken, you can also mix it with a little coconut flour and make energy bites- you can halve this recipe if you don’t want extra.
- 2 cups dried apricots (cover them in hot water for a few minutes to get them nice and soft).
- 1 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 TBSP shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 TBSP water
Chocolate Shell Top
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ TBSP Coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Pour coconut flour into a bowl.
- Add oil and honey to flour.
- Using a fork, combine the flour and wet ingredients until crumbly but able to hold its shape.
- Press dough evenly into a parchment lined square baking dish.
- Using a fork, poke a few holes in the dough to prevent it from puffing up.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown (we used a glass baking dish; an aluminum dish may take a little less time so keep an eye on it).
- Apricot Filling
- Take the soaked apricots and place in food processor.
- Add the maple syrup and shredded coconut.
- Pulse the apricots until all chopped.
- Run water slowly through funnel as you run the processor to create a nice smooth paste.
- After crust has cooled take a few dollops of the apricot filling and spread a nice even layer across the crust. Don’t make the layer too thick-or else it can ooze out.
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil until nice and smooth.
- Pour over the apricot filling and spread evenly.
- Place in freezer until chocolate looks solid (almost dull looking)
- Approximately 20-30 minutes in freezer.
- Cut into squares.
Fridge to Table with the Packers
This mother/daughter duo is here to provide witty banter while cooking up simple recipes that are incredibly tasty, and food allergy-friendly.