FARE is the largest organization serving 32 million Americans living with life-threatening food allergies. Its mission is to improve the quality of life and the health of individuals with food allergies and to fund the research necessary to create new therapies and, ultimately, a cure.
FARE is committed to growing its grassroots capabilities. It is seeking a Manager of Grassroots Advocacy to help build a best-in-class program.
This person will be responsible for implementing strategies that will help FARE recruit, steward, and mobilize advocates nationwide. Advocates will influence public and private sector decision makers to implement policies that expand food allergy research, help get treatments to patients more quickly, and ensure those treatments are affordable.
The position will be reporting directly to the Director, Grassroots Advocacy. This individual will work closely with the legislative team and members of other departments across the organization.
- Manages the logistics and content needs for program activities for field advocacy including major campaign initiatives, legislative fly-in meetings, legislative committees; advocacy action groups and the grassroots expansion project
- In concert with the Director, Grassroots Advocacy, this position works with Marketing and Communications to ensure that FARE remains current, including weekly highlights and calls to action, and meets the needs of grassroots network members, allied patient advocacy organizations, Congress and the media.
- Manages information on the development and growth of FARE’s grasstops network
- Creates and reports on grassroots program metrics
- Master FARE’s advocacy CRM platform
- Maintains grassroots program’s digital footprint, including the website and social media
- Assists with the advocacy engagement component of federal issue campaigns or coalitions
- Experience managing advocacy databases and conducting digital advocacy campaigns
- Strong writing skills to translate complex policy ideas into persuasive messaging
- Strong oral communications skills
- Experience working with a patient advocacy, or similar, organization
- Ability to recognize and apply advocacy trends to create new approaches
- Ability to manage data and apply results to help develop strategies and tactics
- Familiarity with Salsa and Salesforce
- Excellent political acumen
- 5+ years’ experience as a grassroots professional
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, political science, public affairs or a related field
- Experience working with a grassroots advocacy program and/or managing grassroots mobilization in a federal electoral campaign; experience organizing and executing conferences and events, excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to work independently and as a part of a team.