Recipe by JUST Egg
- 2 teaspoons oil or butter
- ½ cup JUST Egg
- ¼ - ½ cup veggies, diced small (like onion, bell peppers, and mushrooms)
- 1 handful baby spinach
- Salt & pepper
- Garnishes (like black salt, cheese or green onions)
- Heat a non-stick skillet. Warm a small (6 to 8-inch) non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Once warm, add 1 teaspoon of the oil (or butter).
- Sauté the veggies. Add the chopped veggies of your choice to the warm pan. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until slightly golden, 2-4 minutes, stirring only occasionally. Remove from the pan. Set aside while you cook the omelet. You may also pour the cooked veggies directly onto the liquid JUST Egg and cook them together, instead of doing a folded omelet.
- Add the JUST Egg. Once you’ve removed the veggies from the pan, lower the heat to medium-low and add the second teaspoon of oil. Tilt the pan to distribute the oil around the pan as evenly as possible. Pour in the JUST Egg. Allow it to sit and warm in the pan for 1 minute, swirling gently once or twice to let it heat evenly. As the edges and bottom start to cook and solidify, run a spatula around the edges of the omelet to keep them loose and thick. You may need to distribute some of the liquid portion pooling in the middle to the edges. Let the omelet cook low and slow, don’t rush it. Note: To make a thicker, fluffier omelet, whisk 1 tablespoon of flour and 1/8 teaspoon of baking powder into the ½ cup of JUST Egg before pouring into the pan.
- Flip the omelet. When the top surface has solidified (Again, don't rush it! This may take a while.) use a wide, flat spatula to quickly and carefully flip the omelet over and cook for another few minutes. If the omelet cracks at all, just push the edges together and it will re-seal. Sprinkle the top with the sautéed veggies, along with a handful of fresh baby spinach. Use a spatula to loosen the omelet from the sides of the pan, and roll the omelet over the fillings.
- Garnish and serve. Carefully flip or slide the omelet out onto a plate, and garnish as desired. Serve immediately.
JUST Egg contains soy.
While FARE does not endorse products, we support and appreciate enterprises and organizations that are committed to serving the food allergy community. FARE’s ability to make an impact is strengthened by partnering with like-minded companies to help raise food allergy awareness and provide more options to all those living with food allergy.