Feasting With FARE: Savory Stuffing
A delicious savory side dish.
- 1 (24 oz.) loaf of gluten-free and egg-free bread (or 9 cups of bread cubes)
- ¾ cup dairy-free butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 sticks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon ground sage
- ½ teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chicken or veggie broth (3 cups for a wetter stuffing)
Let bread slices air dry for 1 to 2 hours, then cut into 1-inch pieces. When you are ready to mix your gluten-free stuffing:
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add onion and celery and cook until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Stir in thyme, sage, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Add bread cubes (24oz. of bread cubes, or 9 cups).
- Stir everything together until the bread cubes are evenly coated.
- Drizzle broth over the bread mixture and toss until well mixed.
- Stuff turkey or bake in a greased 2.5-quart casserole dish at 350°F (180°C) for 35 to 45 minutes.