Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Development Associate is responsible for supporting events, major gifts and corporate staff as needed. S/he will assist with all administrative support including managing corporate and major grant contracts, assisting with event RSVPs and providing research as needed to increase funding and awareness of FARE and its mission.
This position is at our New York City office.
- Helps coordinate all administrative aspects of corporate and major gift solicitations including research, spreadsheet tracking, etc.
- Assists in managing information tracking processes regarding acknowledgement, recognition and invoices.
- Processes and manages all corporate grant agreements.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support all development department team members.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated record of completing assignments ahead of schedule.
- High level of professionalism, creativity, and integrity.
- Exceptional organizational, logistics and administrative skills.
- Ability to ensure accuracy in documentation and data.
- A team player with a positive attitude; comfortable working with all levels of staff.
- Flexibility in varied job assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field from an accredited college or university or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 3-5 years of experience with fundraising, events, or related activities, preferably for a nonprofit
- Proficient in the use of various MS Office programs, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Database management experience preferred; Salesforce experience highly preferred.