Feasting With FARE: Wild Mushroom Gravy
Leslie Durso's wild mushroom gravy will add an extra splash of delicious to any plate!
Serves: 4 – 6
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp dairy-free, soy-free butter*
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 medium portobello mushroom, minced
- 8 oz. wild mushrooms, minced (these could be crimini, shitake, oyster or whatever you like)
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp tamari or coconut aminos
- Salt and pepper to taste
*Click here for substitution options
- In a large frying pan, on medium-low heat, melt the butter and add in the onions, garlic, thyme, and mushrooms. Add a pinch of salt. Saute for about 2 minutes. When soft, add the cornstarch and mix until dissolved.
- Slowly add in the vegetable broth. Stir to dissolve all the cornstarch. Let cook for another couple minutes and add the soy sauce. Taste and season.
More Side Dishes
This holiday season whip up some of Chef Leslie Durso's recipes for classic and delicious top-9 free side dishes for you and your family to enjoy!Learn More