Feasting With FARE: Green Bean Casserole
This side dish by Leslie Durso will become your new favorite way to cook your green beans!
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh green beans, washed, trimmed, and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 tbsp butter substitute*
- 4 oz mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 tsp tapioca flour or cornstarch
- 1 ½ cup plain oat milk*
- ¼ cup vegan mayo
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- Gluten-free crispy onions
*Click here for substitution options
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Steam the green beans until soft, but still crunchy, set aside.
- In a saucepot, on medium heat, melt the butter and add the mushrooms, onion and garlic. Saute until the onion is soft and translucent. Add the flour and nutmeg and stir continuously until it becomes a paste-like consistency and tan-colored. Carefully add the oat milk and continue to stir continuously. Toss the green beans in the sauce and pour into a casserole dish. Top with the crispy onions, cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
More Side Dishes
This holiday season whip up some of Chef Leslie Durso's recipes for classic and delicious top-9 free side dishes for you and your family to enjoy!Learn More