Exclude the Food, Not the Child
In this webinar, Gina Clowes will share best practices for managing food in school and at extra-curricular activities.
Gina Clowes, FARE’s National Director of Training and Outreach, who will share best practices for managing food in school and at extra-curricular activities. Topics include:
- Why is the “safe snack box” often not the best choice for inclusion or safety
- How to manage multiple food allergies at lunch and snack time
- Where and how should birthdays be celebrated
- Who is responsible for food served in the classroom
- When and how should you disclose your child’s food allergies
- What are common accommodations for parties, proms, and PTO events
- And much more…
About the Presenter
Gina Clowes is the National Director of Training and Outreach for FARE, and former Program Director for a cooperative agreement with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). She is the founder of Allergy Moms support community serving thousands of families and professional members worldwide. A well-known speaker and trainer, her advice has appeared in numerous print, radio, and television features including CNN, People magazine and ABC World News. She writes a regular column, The Parenting Coach, for Allergic Living Magazine and is the author of the best-selling children’s book One of the Gang: Nurturing the Souls of Children with Food Allergies.