FARE to Hold Courage at Congress 2021: Advocate for a Cure from March 8-10; Passage of FASTER Act for Sesame Labeling is Top Priority
Virtual “Fly-In” to include more than 450 food allergy advocates from across the country
McLean, Va. (March 5, 2021) – FARE, the world’s leading non-governmental organization engaged in food allergy advocacy and the largest private funder of food allergy research, is excited to announce the details of its second annual Courage at Congress 2021: Advocate for a Cure.
“With more than 450 advocates from across the country participating in this year’s event, the food allergy community is mobilized and working to pass the FASTER Act into law,” said Lisa Gable, chief executive officer of FARE. “Through panel discussions with the Food and Drug Administration, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, and members of Congress, along with two days of grassroots lobbying, FARE and our advocates are making a positive impact on the 117th Congress and creating a better future for the food allergy community.”
- WHAT: FARE has announced a series of panels and discussions with the FDA, NIAID/NIH, and members of Congress and staff. The calendar of events from Monday, March 8 to Wednesday, March 10, 2021 can be found here.
- WHY: Food allergy advocates from across the country will virtually attend meetings on Capitol Hill with members of Congress and staff from more nearly 200 offices during FARE’s second annual Courage at Congress event.
- Last year, this event was instrumental to the progression of the Food Allergy Safety, Treatment, Education & Research (FASTER) Act in both the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate.
- This year’s gathering will be virtual, allowing more members of our community to have their voices heard by key members of Congress. Advocates will further push for the progression of the FASTER Act, which has already been introduced in both the House and Senate during the beginning of the 117th Congress and recently passed unanimously in the Senate (S. 578).
- WHEN: The event will run Monday, March 8th through Wednesday, March 10th
- WHERE: Fully virtual and online.
- To register, go to https://fare.6connex.com/event/food-allergy/login
- Learn more, visit foodallergy.org
For general inquiries, please call 703-485-6551.
FARE (Food Allergy Research & Education) is the world’s leading non-governmental organization engaged in food allergy advocacy and the largest private funder of food allergy research. Our mission is to improve the quality of life and the health of individuals with food allergies, and to provide them hope through the promise of new treatments. FARE is transforming the future of food allergy through innovative initiatives that will lead to increased awareness, new and improved treatments and prevention strategies, effective policies and legislation and novel approaches to managing the disease. To learn more about FARE, visit our Living Teal™ YouTube channel, or www.foodallergy.org.