FARE Announces Annual Food Allergy Awareness Week Programming for May 2021
Unique events, speakers to cover wide range of topics and reach new audiences, expand awareness of food allergies
McLean, Va. (January 29, 2021) – FARE, the world’s leading non-governmental organization engaged in food allergy advocacy and the largest private funder of food allergy research, is excited to announce programming and details around its annual Living TealTM Food Allergy Awareness Week.
WHAT: FARE has announced a series of activities that will be amplified during this important time featuring speakers in the food allergy industry. The calendar of events includes but is not limited to:
- Sunday, May 9, 2021: Turn Up Teal Kick Off Sunday
- Monday, May 10, 2021: Menu Monday: Recipes and Cooking
- Tuesday, May 11, 2021: Teal-a-Thon Tuesday (Development)
- Wednesday, May 12, 2021: When’s Day: The Future of Food Allergy (Research)
- Thursday, May 13, 2021: Take Action Thursday: Get Involved (Advocacy)
- Friday, May 14, 2021: T.G.I.FRI-YAY (Education)
- Saturday, May 15, 2021: Wrap Up Saturday
- Thirty-two million Americans, including 5.6 million children, are living with potentially life-threatening food allergies.
- The impact of the disease further affects 85 million Americans who live their lives avoiding the top 9 allergens.
- Food Allergy Awareness Week serves as an opportunity to raise awareness of food allergy while also bringing the food allergy community together using FARE’s many digital platforms including the Living TealTM Channel on YouTube and social media. This includes Instagram; Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
QUOTE: “Food Allergy Awareness Week is an exciting annual event for FARE and our 85 million American community bringing us together while shining a spotlight on food allergy, a disease impacting so many,” said Lisa Gable, chief executive officer of FARE. “Through events and discussions with leaders in the community, FARE looks forward to hosting a week full of virtual events that raise awareness and provide entertaining and educational resources for those with food allergies or those with friends and loved ones who have food allergies.
WHEN: The fully virtual series will run Sunday, May 9, through Saturday, May 15
WHERE: Fully virtual and online. More information coming soon.
MEDIA CONTACT: Darren Pudgil, FARE Communications, DPudgil@foodallergy.org or email@example.com
FARE (Food Allergy Research & Education) is the nation’s leading non-profit engaged in food allergy advocacy as well as the largest private funder of food allergy research. FARE’s innovative education, advocacy and research initiatives transform the future of food allergy through new and improved treatments and prevention strategies, effective policies and legislation, and novel approaches to managing the disease. To learn more, visit: foodallergy.org.