Tree Nut Allergy Alert: Whole Foods Market
Sunneen Health Foods is voluntarily recalling mislabeled Whole Foods Market Vegan Buffalo Chicken Bites sold at 13 Whole Foods Market stores in New York and New Jersey because the products contained tree nut (pecan) allergens that were not listed on the product label. The issue was discovered at the distribution center. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to pecans run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
No allergic reactions have been reported to date. All affected products have been removed from store shelves.
The products were sold in 9 oz. containers labeled as “Whole Foods Market Vegan Buffalo Chicken Bites.” They can be identified by UPC codes 636910500059 and expiration dates of 2/27/2018. They were sold at the following Whole Foods Market stores:
- 1255 Raritan Road, Clark, NJ
- 113 Route 9 South, Marlboro, NJ
- 1933 State Road 35, Wall, NJ
- 235 Prospect Avenue, West Orange, NJ
- 238 Bedford Ave, Brooklyn, NY
- 120 New Moriches Road, Lake Grove, NY
- 4 Union Square South, New York, NY
- 95 E Houston Street, New York, NY
- 226 East 57th Street, New York, NY
- 250 7th Avenue, New York, NY
- 808 Columbus Avenue, New York, NY
- 1095 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY
- 1551 3rd Avenue, New York, NY
Customers who purchased this product and wish to return it can bring a valid receipt into stores for a full refund. Consumers with additional questions should call Sunneen Health Foods’ customer service at 610 774-9894 between the hours of 8 am and 3 pm EST, Monday thru Friday.
What to Read Next
Schwartz Brothers Bakery is recalling its Gourmet Cream Cheese Cinnamon Rolls because it may contain undeclared egg.
Midwest Northern Nut is voluntarily recalling a number of their products that may contain undeclared peanuts and various tree nuts.