Thank you for your interest in helping support FARE and the Teal Pumpkin Project® by hosting a fundraising event! FARE’s community education and awareness programs, including the Teal Pumpkin Project, are made possible through support from fantastic champions like you.
Here are some FUN and easy ways to raise funds and awareness in your community:
- Teal Pumpkin Sales – Decorate pumpkins and host a fundraiser at a local farmers market, school or grocery store. You can sell your pre-decorated pumpkins (full-sized or mini) and share that proceeds will support the Teal Pumpkin Project.
- Teal Pumpkin Painting Party – Invite your friends and neighbors to paint pumpkins together. Provide pumpkins, or ask everyone to bring their own and you can provide paint and other decorating tools. Ask attendees to make a suggested donation to participate.
- Food-free Halloween Party or Trunk-or-Treat – Create an annual neighborhood fundraising event that includes games (e.g., “Pin the Face on the Pumpkin”), crafts (e.g., teal pumpkin painting and decorating), and non-food treats. You can put out a container for donations with information about the Teal Pumpkin Project or collect donations for admission into your event.
- Neighborhood Donation Collection – Ask your neighbors to help create a safer, happier Halloween by making a donation. You can print flyers and materials from FARE’s Teal Pumpkin Project downloads page to hand out while you share information about how your neighbors can make an impact by supporting the campaign. Make a fundraising goal and share updates as you talk with your neighbors.
- Get Creative! – There are tons of ways you can make a difference by raising funds for FARE. Use your imagination to come up with an idea to raise awareness and funds to support the Teal Pumpkin Project. For inspiration, check out the ideas below from fellow Teal Pumpkin Project supporters Claudia and Karen!
FAREmeadows Pumpkin Wall
Claudia Michaels’ creative “FAREmeadows Pumpkin Wall” fundraiser helped to rally her community around raising awareness about food allergies and funds to support FARE. She tells us more about her idea:
“My project is called the FAREmeadows Pumpkin Wall (a pun based off of the name of my street), and had the slogan “Food Allergies ‘R Scare-E”. I bought construction scaffolding and planks of wood, and used these materials to build a wall and set it up in my yard. I asked friends and neighbors to bring a carved pumpkin and a small donation for FARE. I handed out flyers that advertised the wall and my FARE Walk for Food Allergy fundraising page. I carved the word FARE into the first pumpkin I put on the wall, and painted it teal for FARE’s Teal Pumpkin Project™. By Halloween there were about 30 pumpkins on the wall, and I had raised enough money for the FARE Walk to be the top individual fundraiser in my city ($1,080)!”
Read more about Claudia’s fundraiser.
Teal Pumpkin Party
No one in the Amin family has food allergies, but since they have friends who do, they decided to host a party to involve their neighbors and support the campaign.
"We invited some neighbors over to paint pumpkins and talk about why we were doing it. My daughter (6) mixed the paint this year, my son (3) passed out paint brushes and we all had a blast! We were working and learning with other non-allergy kids, as well as a child with a fish allergy and his dad who has a dairy allergy. The kids were all able to enjoy the party while at the same time learning to be aware of what an allergy is and how they, as small children, can make a big difference in a big world. Each child took home a teal pumpkin and just like that, they became part of a new community."
Read more about the Amin's party.
We hope these ideas inspire you to fundraise this Halloween season to support FARE’s Teal Pumpkin Project.
The TEAL PUMPKIN PROJECT® and the Teal Pumpkin Project® logo are registered trademarks of Food Allergy Research & Education (FARE).