FARE's Food Allergy Action Heroes are here to help you stay prepared and vigilant this summer! Download your favorite Food Allergy Action Hero and Safe for the Summer Adventure sheet as a fun activity to spread awareness around the importance of food allergy preparedness.
Before You Go!
As you head out on your adventures, remember these important summer safety tips:
- Avoid the heat: Epinephrine is sensitive to light and should be stored at room temperature. Never leave your auto-injectors in a vehicle, where temperatures can rise to the triple digits.
- Prevent: Make sure you remain vigilant about reading labels and never take chances with foods you're unsure are safe. Consider bringing along a chef card when dining out.
- Prepare: Careful preparation can help make your summer adventures safe and enjoyable. Great resources for planning ahead include a "Before You Leave the House Checklist" and "Road Trip Checklist for Food Allergies."
- Practice: Using a trainer or expired auto-injector, practice how to use the device. Review your Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Emergency Care Plan with the entire family and all caregivers.
- Food Allergy Action Hero Stickers - use with your Safe for the Summer Adventure sheet
- Epinephrine Waist Pack
- Food Allergy Tag
- FRIO Bag
Resources like those found on this page are provided thanks to generous contributions of donors like you. Please consider making a donation online today.