Food Allergy Research & Education (FARE) is creating an online tool of college and university's food allergy and celiac disease accommodations, and we’re hoping you’ll help contribute to this important effort. This new search tool will help prospective students and parents search and review information about each college and university allowing them to make informed decisions about selecting schools and how to manage their food allergies once on campus.
To be included in this tool for the beta launch, please complete the following steps by February 13, 2017:
- Complete FARE’s Food Allergy Dining Audit. You may also wish to download Addendum A to assist you with section 6 of the audit.
- Your completed audit will not be made publically available. This is a tool to help you evaluate and accurately answer the survey questions.
- You do not need to have yes responses for every question on the audit to have a great listing in the FARE College Search tool. In fact, most colleges and universities will not be able to answer yes to everything.
- Complete FARE’s Campus Life questions
- These questions address things like housing, disability services and emergency response on campus, so you may need to engage some other departments in providing accurate information.
- Complete the survey
- The survey is a roll up of the audit questions, so you won’t need to enter all of the audit data online. You do still need to validate the questions via the paper-version of the audit.
- For example, the survey will say “Do you have procedures in place to lower the risk of cross-contact for short-order stations? Use sections 2, 3 and 6 of the FARE dining services audit to answer this question.” You will need to have completed sections 2, 3 and 6 of the audit before answering this question, but only your response to this question will show online, not your actual data from the audit.
- You may view the complete list of survey questions in advance here.
- Be prepared to submit your survey info online all in one session as we do not have the ability to save sessions to edit later.
- All of your responses in the survey will be publicly available on our tool, so please be conscious of the open-ended comments you include in the survey responses.
- Once the FARE College Search tool launches, you will have the opportunity to access and update your profile as things change.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or assistance needed.