What You Can Do
About one-third of kids with food allergies report that they have been bullied because of their allergies. This is especially serious because food allergies can be life-threatening.
Be a part of the solution: Find out what you can do to stop food allergy bullying.
- Help raise awareness by sharing the full PSA as well as the 30-second clip. You can also help spread the word by sharing our "It's Not a Joke" resources with your communities and online.
- Read these tips about how you can prevent and address food allergy bullying.
- Educate yourself and others about food allergies.
- Learn about the laws that protect people with food allergies from harassment. In most cases, the law requires that food allergy bullying be responded to and investigated.
- Find other anti-bullying resources at stopbullying.gov and violencepreventionworks.org.