Tips for Getting the Auto-Injector You Want
Whether you have been managing food allergies for many years or just received a diagnosis, you may have a preference about which epinephrine auto-injector to purchase. It is important to make this decision in partnership with your doctor. Below are some tips for getting the auto-injector you want.
- Talk with your doctor about which product is best for you.
- Make sure you are trained on your chosen device before leaving your doctor’s office.
- Ask your doctor to write your prescription specifically for the brand name or generic product you want.
- Talk to your pharmacist about the epinephrine auto-injector you want when dropping off your prescription.
- Before you purchase an epinephrine auto-injector, ask about its expiration date. If you are dissatisfied with the expiration date, you can ask the pharmacist for a newer auto-injector with a longer useful life.
- Before leaving the pharmacy, double-check the product you were given to make sure it is what you wanted and what your doctor prescribed.