There are so many ways to shine a light on food allergies during the month of May. Here are some ways to get started raising awareness and inspiring action in your community during Food Allergy Awareness Week.
- Start a team for your local FARE’s Food Allergy Heroes Walk and invite your friends.
- Contact your local media outlets to pitch a story about food allergies.
- Request that your state governor or local official make a proclamation recognizing Food Allergy Awareness Week in 2018.
- Show your spirit with #TealTakeover. Whatever way you choose to rock your teal, you’ll be helping to show the unity and size of the food allergy community. Find a variety of teal gear on FARE's Online Store where proceeds from each purchase fund food allergy research.
Shine a Light on Your Support System
It helps to know you’re not alone when it comes to food allergies. Caregivers, co-workers, friends, teachers and your partners are a critical part of your support system, but they may not know how to help. Here are some basic principles and tips to share!
- What Caregivers Can Do
- What Co-Workers Can Do
- What Friends Can Do
- What Teachers Can Do
- What Your Partners Can Do
To view all and share with others on social media, click here.
Give a Presentation
Schedule a presentation in your child’s classroom or for a community organization during Food Allergy Awareness Week. FARE has various topics and resources to get you started:
- Be a PAL Presentation Guide in English and Spanish
- Food Allergies: Keeping Students Safe and Included