Food Assistance Program Resources
For people with food allergies, access to safe food is crucial in preventing life-threatening allergic reactions. When using food assistance programs, it can be challenging to find safe, nutritious food.
If you work at a food assistance organization, or are accessing food from one, FARE has helpful resources, available in both English and Spanish.
Resources for food bank staff
These resources help staff serve the needs of people with food allergies.
Resources for food bank consumers
These resources help families navigate some of the challenges of using a food bank.
- Navigating Food Assistance Programs with Food Allergies
- Tips for Avoiding Your Allergen
- How to Avoid Cross-Contact
- Substitutions for Common Allergens
- Navigating Food Assistance Programs with Food Allergies in Spanish
- Tips for Avoiding Your Allergen in Spanish
- How to Avoid Cross-Contact in Spanish
- Substitutions for Common Allergens in Spanish